If you have never hosted a party with us then you first need to register for a Kids Can Give Too account. You can register for an account by visiting our registration page. You can either use your Facebook account to connect instantly, or you can manually enter your name, email address, and a password of your choosing. See the image to the right for an example of this page filled out.
Once you register you will be taken to your party hosting homepage where you can begin hosting your first Kids Can Give Too party by clicking the blue Host a Party button at the top of the page.
Once on the Host a Party page there are 4 steps to creating your party. The first step is providing a few basic details about your party. They are:
- Your child's first name and date of birth. Remember to select your child's birth year first before selecting the month and day.
- The date and time that the party starts.
- The date and time that the party ends or when parents should expect to pick their kids up for a drop off party.
- The deadline for RSVPing to the party. This is a soft deadline is is only displayed on the invitations for reference. Donations will be accepted until 11:59PM EST of the day after the party.
- Where will your party be? If it is a business like Chuck E. Cheese's you can provide the business name to help guests find it, otherwise simply enter Timmy's House if it is at your home. Provide the street address, city, state, and zip code for the party location.
- The final two questions are whether it is a drop-off party or not, and any additional notes for guests. Things you could put here are that guests should bring a towel, or provide a link to sign a waiver for a trampoline park or skating rink.
Once complete, click the Next Step button at the top or bottom of the web page. This is the charity selection page where you can choose one or two charities to share your party donations with. There are three ways to choose a charity:
- You can use the text field at the top of the page to search for a charity by it's name and select it by clicking the name when it appears in the drop down list.
- You can select from one of our featured charities who each have a custom kid-friendly description so your child can understand where their donations are going.
- Or you can browse through our full list of charities by different categories at the bottom of the page. These also include a short description of what the charity does.
Click Next Step at the top or bottom of the page. From here you can select from one of our 23 custom invitation designs. This design will be featured on your printed invitations as well as on the RSVP page when guests donate. You and your child can pick one that best fits their personality.
Click Next Step at the top or bottom of the page. The final step is selecting from one of our 3 party packages. The Basic package is free and includes online invatations as well as a link to print invitations out yourself. The Super package includes 24 custom printed invitations for your child to hand out, plus 24 thank you notes to send out after your party finishes. The Super Duper package includes everything in the Super package plus a Kids Can Give Too t-shirt for your child to proudly wear.
At the bottom of the package selection you need to provide your address so we can ship you the gift card and certificate of recognition. If you chose the Super or Super Duper packages you will also need to provide your credit card details to the right of your address.
Now just click Checkout and you're done! From here you will be taken to your party dashboard where you can begin inviting your guests.